TO CHEW ON: "And God said, 'I will be with you.'" Exodus 3:12a
Moses got away from Pharaoh that day. He ran to the desert. There he lived with a nomad family. He lived with them for forty years. He tended sheep for the man, married one of the family’s daughters and had two sons.
I wonder what he thought about during those lonely hours when he was tending sheep. Perhaps he wished that he had the day he killed the Egyptian to live over again. Maybe he felt bad because now he was sure he would never help his people like he wanted to. He may have thought his life had been wasted.
Then one day while tending the sheep:
- What strange thing did he see? 1] (Exodus 3:2) _________________
- When he went to check it out, what did he hear? 2] (Exodus 3:4) ____________
- What did God tell him to do? 3] (Exodus 3:5) ______________
- Then what assignment did God give him? 4] (Exodus 3:10) ________
- When Moses said he couldn’t do this job, God gave him a promise. Put the words of God’s promise (below) in the right order: 5] ____ ____ ____ ____ ____
you be I with will
PRAYER: Dear God, thank You that when You give us a job to do, You promise to be with us. Amen.
MORE: Is that You God?
We don't need to be in church to hear from God. He talked to people in many places. Match the person with the place they heard God speak. Check your Bible if you're not sure.
1. Abraham (Genesis 18:1)
2. Jonah (Jonah 2:10-3:1)
3. Isaiah (Isaiah 6:4,5)
4. Jacob (Genesis 28:11-17)
5. King Belshazzar (Daniel 5:1-5, 22-28)
Where has God talked to you?
Unless otherwise noted, all Scripture quotations are taken from THE HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.