TO CHEW ON: "When the Lord goes through the land to strike down the Egyptians, he will see the blood on the top and sides of the doorframe and will pass over that doorway, and he will not permit the destroyer to enter your houses and strike you down." Exodus 12:23
As God had told Moses, Pharaoh refused to let the Israelites leave Egypt. Through frogs, gnats, flies, sick cattle, boils, hail, locusts and darkness, he didn’t budge. But God was not finished with him. God told Moses and Aaron what He would do next.
The first born son of every family in Egypt would die. It would happen at midnight.
But God would not kill anyone in the homes of the Israelites IF they followed His instructions. Solve the crossword using the Bible references and find out what God told each family to do.
Created with Puzzlemaker on DiscoveryEducation.com.
(Click on puzzle to enlarge and print)
- Each family was to take a (9 across - Exodus12:3).
- They were to kill it at (1 down - Exodus12:6).
- With (3 across - Exodus12:22) they were to paint the lamb’s blood on the (2 down [plural] Exodus12:22).
- Then they were to (6 across - Exodus12:9) the lamb and eat it with (10 across) and (5 down - Exodus12:8) with no yeast.
- They were to eat it in (8 across) and dressed ready to (7 down – Exodus 12:11).
- No one should leave the house until (4 across - Exodus12:22).
Painting blood on the doorframe
by James Tissot .
PRAYER: Dear God, thank You for this story which reminds us of Jesus’ blood and how He died instead of us. Amen.
MORE: The meaning of it all.
What was this special sacrifice and meal called?
A. Notice the red boxes in the puzzle above? Write down the letters in each red box, then unscramble them to make the name God called this sacrifice and meal (Exodus 12:27)
B. Why was that a good name for it?
Unless otherwise noted, all Scripture quotations are taken from THE HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.