TODAY’S SPECIAL: Revelation 6:9 -17
TO CHEW ON: "For the great day of their wrath has come, and who can withstand it?" Revelation 6:17
Have you ever read an exciting book where the closer you came to the end, the more bad things happened? You looked at how few pages were left and wondered, how would the author ever straighten this out! In a way John’s vision in Revelation is like that. John saw more and more bad things as more seals were opened.
In the fifth seal, John heard the voices of people who had been killed for believing in God (martyrs). They asked God, how long until He would punish those who killed them. God answered, it would happen, but even more people would be martyred first.
Then came the sixth seal. It predicted some things that have never happened on earth. Read Revelation 6:12-17 and list five things John saw:
PRAYER: Dear God, I worship You as the one with power over nature and people. Amen.
MORE: The Seventh Seal
1. What happens to the earth (Revelation 8:7)?
2. What happens to the sea (Revelation 8:8)?
3. What happens to the water (Revelation 8:10,11)?
4. What happens to the atmosphere (Revelation 9:1,2)?
5. What happens to people (Revelation 9:3-6, 18)?
6. This causes people to repent of their sins of worshiping idols, murders, practicing magic, sex sins and stealing. (Revelation 9:20-21)
Unless otherwise noted, all Scripture quotations are taken from THE HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.