TODAY’S SPECIAL: Ephesians 6:10-18
TO CHEW ON: "Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes." Ephesians 6:11
Why would anyone choose to wear a hot bullet-proof vest, a stiff camouflage uniform, a heavy helmet, weighty steel-toed boots, an uncomfortable gas mask and on top of all that carry a cumbersome weapon and ammunition? Only someone who needed a lot of protection - like a soldier in war.
Everything a soldier wears helps protect him from the enemy. His camouflage uniform makes it easy for him to hide. His helmet, vest and boots protect his head, chest and feet. His gas mask filters out poison or germs from the air. His weapon helps him defend himself or even take more land for his country.
Christians have to be just as prepared to fight against the devil. But what exactly are we fighting against? (Ephesians 6:12) We are not fighting against a]_____ but against the b]_____, against the c]_____ against the d]_____ and against the e]_____.
1. Do you live by truth not lies and deceit? _____
2. Are you careful to live in ways that are right? _____
3. Are you willing and eager to tell people about Jesus? _____
4. Are you trusting that God is with you and is helping you? _____
5. Have you asked Jesus into your life and accepted salvation? _____
6. Do you love and memorize God’s word? _____
PRAYER: Dear God, please help me to put on Your armor and then live in alertness, always ready to ask for Your help. Amen.
MORE: Dress Protected
War isn’t the only time people need to wear clothing that protects them. Match the protective clothing with the people who would wear it.
1. Padding to protect much of the body, and a helmet. ____
2. A suit that covers every part of your body and face, and gloves. ____
3. A pressurized body suit which provides you with oxygen. ____
4. A net over your face and neck, a coverall and gloves. ____
5. A mask covering your mouth and nose, a gown and gloves. ____
PEOPLE NEEDING PROTECTION
B. Doctor or Nurse
D. Scientist in a germ lab
E. Hockey or Football Player
Unless otherwise noted, all Scripture quotations are taken from THE HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.