TODAY’S SPECIAL: Luke 15: 1-7
TO CHEW ON: "...Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep." Luke 15:6
When you lose a favorite toy, do you:
- say, “Oh well, I still have lots of other toys,” then find something else to play with?
- look for that toy for a while, then give up and play with something else?
- look for your favorite toy until you find it?
1. God loves each person.
2. God quickly gives up looking for us.
3. God loves people who do bad things as well as people who try to be good.
4. God is happy when sinners repent (are sorry for sin and turn away from it).
We can be glad God loves everyone, even people who do bad things. He is as happy when sinners repent as the shepherd was when he found his lost sheep.
PRAYER: Dear God, thank You that You care about me as much as the shepherd cared about the one lost sheep. Amen.
SUPERSIZE IT: Finding Lost Things
There are many ways of looking for things. How would you look for:
- a finger ring lost in sand?
- approaching weather systems?
- a lost pet?
- a broken bone in your body?
- a stolen car?
- a lost piece of clothing?
Unless otherwise noted, all Scripture quotations are taken from THE HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.
Adult readers - DAILY DEVOTIONS FOR ADULTS are available too at Other Food: daily devo's.