Read: Genesis 21:1-7
TO CHEW ON: "Sarah became pregnant and bore a son to Abraham in his old age, at the very time God had promised him." Genesis 21:2
I’ll play with you after school today.
Never tell a soul– promise?
Wait till summer; then I’ll take you fishing.
We’ll go to Disneyland next year - it’s a promise!
Our lives are full of promises. Do we keep all the promises we make? Do others keep their promises to us? Probably not.
But there is Someone Who does keep every promise He makes. God promised Abraham and Sarah they would have a son. In fact He said it over and over. Now at last, when Abraham was 100 and Sarah 90 years old, the baby was born.
1. What did Sarah do? (Genesis 21:6)
2. Abraham and Sarah named the baby Isaac. What does Isaac mean?
God kept His promise. What a happy time!
PRAYER: Dear God, thank You for the joy of kept promises. Amen.
SUPERSIZE IT: God's promises to you
The Bible is full of God's promises to you. Read the following promises and solve the crossword puzzle below.
1. Eternal life: (John 11:25) "Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will (1 DOWN) even though he dies.'"
2. Rewards: (Ephesians 6:8) "Because you know that the Lord will (2 DOWN) everyone for whatever good he does whether he is slave or free."
3. Forgiveness: (1 John 1:9) "If we confess our sin he is faithful and just and will (3 ACROSS) us our sins."
4. Guidance: (Psalm 25:9) "He (4 DOWN) the humble in what is right and teaches them his way."
5. Protection: (Psalm 125:2) "As the mountains surround Jerusalem, so the Lord (5 ACROSS) his people both now and forevermore.